It's the 2nd week in my new job. I'm still on the uphill climb of the learning curve, and I think I'll be climbing for awhile. I enjoy the challenge of learning new things.
What I am doing right now is sending emails to customers. These are people all over the world who downloaded free software or requested an evaluation license, and I send each person a follow-up email. I also respond to incoming email from customers asking about educational discounts or about the free load testing tool. It's fun and I like it!
It's really interesting that English is the common language among all these customers who live on different continents. I started thinking about how American entrepreneurs have set the pace for the advancement of technology in the world. America is the leader in the technology revolution. The rest of world speaks English because they want and need to communicate with American technology.
Back to work...more emails to send around the globe!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you're enjoying it!
Elan,
Your job with IBM gave you a feel not only for the corporate world, but for big software accounts. Now you are in one sense on the opposite end of the spectrum, a company with four employees. Yet, in another sense, you have contacts all over the world. I suspect the job will enlarge your perspective.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment