It seems to be the hottest trend in my family, blogging that is. So I am following the trend, too.
I need to spend more time writing and journaling my thoughts and activities. I used to journal every week, but that practice has gone by the wayside. This will be a good opportunity for me to write more often.
September has been a difficult month. I have been going 100 mph for the last 6 weeks with no rest. Today, I am physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted. On Eric's blog, he talked about "bonking" on his bike ride. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonk_%28condition%29 for more info.) I think I am bonking in my life!
Leif is having so much fun with soccer. He scored 3 goals at the game on Saturday. He scores goals when he focuses on the game. I can tell when he's daydreaming on the field because he's about 5 seconds late in responding to the action. Leif is a fast runner. He can out-run most of the boys on his team. His other teammates are better kickers, but Leif is a better runner. I guess it takes both types of players to make a great team.
The other day Justus announced that he is going to be a doctor when he grows up. When I asked what kind of doctor he wanted to become, he said "a tummy doctor." "That would be gastroenterology," I replied, but Justus couldn't pronounce that. Heck, I can barely pronounce it!
We have some sad news to report. Our goldfish named Double Finny died today. We had a little burial ceremony in the yard. We buried him next to the rose bush. Leif cried. Justus said "he went up to God." Rob took the boys to the pet store and bought 2 new fish, a black mollie and a shrimp. Did you know that shrimp feed on other fish's poop? Our little shrimp will eat the poop produced by the 3 other fish in the tank. At least the tank will be clean!
Rob is flying to Chicago on Thursday to help his mom start organizing for the move. Joanne moves sometime in November. Rob is not comfortable with me having a public blog, so I might be switching this over to his mac account which is password protected. We will see how it goes.
All for now.
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Elan, Jake is the same way with a public blog. He hates that I have one. He doesn't want anything personal being said. It is a scarey world out there! I am just going to have to be careful, I guess.
I hope you can find time to rest soon!! Love you! -Dana
Elan,
I have usually responded to blogs by sending the person an e-mail rather than posting it on the blog. However, maybe I'd better get with the program and respond online.
We thought of you especially Sunday and hoped you would get some rest. It will take a while to get your body and mind refreshed. Love, Dad
Elan, I've been thinking of you, and will pray that you can get some good rest soon. Hopefully Oct. will be less difficult than Sept. Liked your fish fact, too.
Love, Paulee
Post a Comment