This is the last week of school and summer break begins next week. How can it be summer break? The temperature has rarely been above 45 degrees in 7 months!! We've had a few warm days, but very few. It doesn't feel like summer is ever going to arrive, and it has yet to feel like spring. It's been 7 months of winter, and quite frankly, I've had enough of it. I think Al Gore might want to re-think his global warming philosophy. It feels more like an ice age.
The weather has been crazy all over the country. I've never seen so many tornadoes in one season. Windsor, a town north of Denver was taken off the map last week by a huge tornado. Almost daily I hear a news report about a tornado somewhere in America. All over the world it seems like there is a rise in devastating weather phenomena. Maybe it's a battle between global warming and ice age: they are battling to see who wins.
I'd like to experience some global warming right now because I have been cold for 7 months. My hands and fingers are so cold that they shrink, which causes my wedding ring to fall off. It's the end of May and we are still wearing winter coats, wool socks and drinking hot cocoa. We've had several May snow storms, which is quite unusual. Our neighbors went camping last weekend. They couldn't sleep because they were shivering too much. It was so cold that their alcohol froze. Now that's a bad cold.
I have been reading "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" to the boys at night before bed. Last night we read the chapter about the snow melting in Narnia. If you remember the book or the movie, the White Witch caused Narnia to be winter forever. Always winter, never Christmas. Suddenly Father Christmas appears and the next thing we read is that the Narnia snow is melting. All the creatures rejoice because they know if winter is passing, spring is coming, and the coming spring means that Aslan is on the move. After reading that chapter, I felt a little better about surviving our long winter. Come Aslan come!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is awesome what you said about global warming and an ice age. I totally believe the two are in a war!!! It seemed like winter lasted FOREVER this year!!!
I agree that it's too cold to be summer break already. Our boys are done next week too, and start their daycare. I hope it warms up...they're going to the pool on Thursday and Friday. If it doesn't, I might be picking up a couple of ice cubes from daycare!
Elan,
What a vivid description of Narnia under the White Witch. I'm glad you're reading the book to the boys. We finally are getting some warm weather here--I put on shorts today for the first time. We have been leaving the windows open all night for the past few days.
Dad
Post a Comment