Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sales Class

The IBM sales class was interesting, but what I learned doesn't really apply to my job working with Business Partners (software resellers). In preparation for the class, I did research on the telecommunications industry, looked at the IBM solutions for that industry, and studied 2 telecom accounts that have sales opportunities for IBM. At the class, I did 3 role-playing exercises where I try to sell an IBM solution to a prospective telecom customer. I passed the class, thankfully, but it was a stressful experience for me.

I have 4 more weeks of this class, but no more traveling. The next assignment is to study 2 retail customers and create an account profile and sales call plan. Then I have 7 more assignments to complete before the end of the class. I will be glad when it's all over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elan,

Congratulations on passing.

Dad