Thursday, February 7, 2008
No News
As you know from my last blog entry, I had a job interview. It went well, but nothing more has happened. The recruiter who set up this deal has not called me back, so maybe he found someone else for the job. I'm OK with that. What this experience has taught me is to appreciate what I have. I do have a great job. I get to work at home and work during school hours. I have the flexibility to volunteer at the school and catch up on my work later. My only complaint is being bored. However, I am finding some new ways to add more excitement into my day. I'm taking time away from my desk on a regular basis, which is a huge change for me. Usually I spend the entire day in front of my computer. Getting up and doing something else gives me a mini mental vacation and this has helped tremendously. I will continue to seek excitement in my day, but I will also practice contentment and count my blessings every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's awesome that you're okay with not hearing back about the job. I've found that everytime I get comfortable in a place and okay with where I am, God moves me and changes things! I am glad that you are happy with what you have -- that is important! It reminds me to do the same. And I am taking your idea of a mini-mental-vacation. I should take those when Judah is napping!
Elan,
Thanks for the news. We have thought much about you during this time. If for no other reason, the recruitment opportunity has helped you develop new resources for joy and contentment.
Love, Dad
We are so blessed to have kids who are resourceful, resilient, and face life with a positive outlook. It's not easy at times, but it pays dividends in your own attitude, in your mental health, in your physical well-being, and in the lives of those you touch.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment