Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's Official

Yes, it is official - I will become a real IBM employee on May 12, complete with benefits, a new title and a raise. I have described my life as an IBM temp as a roller coaster ride because I never knew from year to year if I would keep my job. My new title is Business Partner Software Sales. I will be reporting to a new manager and my job duties may change. On my first official day of employment, I fly to Austin, Texas for new hire orientation.

I'm excited about the new opportunity. When I received my offer letter, I was shocked by the raise. I was not expecting it and I started crying. I cried because I was grateful. I prayed and thanked God for his hand in the whole deal, and I asked God how he could be so generous to me. I will never forget the words I heard in my head, "Your faith has been rewarded." I have heard people say that our faith is rewarded in heaven, and one has to endure the suffering in life to get the reward, but I think that is a short-sighted view of God. God blesses us in this life because he loves us. I have learned that God is full of surprises and his giving is endless.

2 comments:

Eric Deeter said...

Great! What a blessing.

Florence and Gary Deeter said...

What insightful observations about a blessed event. We are exuberant to hear of God's blessings for you.

Love you,

Mom and Dad