Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Presence vs. Presents

Driving the boys home from school the other day, a song by Jeremy Camp was on the radio. The title of the song was "Lay Down My Pride." It's one of my favorite songs. The lyric was this: "You draw me close and then I see your presence is everything I need to be the child you've created me to be." When the boys heard the word presence in the song, Justus said, "Presents?" Before I could say a word, Leif began to explain it to Justus. He told Justus that God gives you presents when you love him. I decided not to interrupt his explanation because I realized the wisdom in the moment. Isn't it amazing how simple the gospel message can be? So simple a child can understand. Next time you receive presents, remember God's presence.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's pretty awesome. I'm constantly amazed by how much we learn from our kids...sure, we're to raise them up in God, but I really, truly feel that God uses them to raise us up in Him as well!

Florence and Gary Deeter said...

Isn't it fascinating to see how, every so often, God steps into an ordinary event of the day.

Mom and Dad