Friday, December 19, 2008

Waiting

Does it seem like you are always waiting? It seems that way to me. I feel like I'm always waiting for something or someone. Waiting for the clock to tell me it's time to pick up the boys from school. Waiting for Rob to get home from work. Waiting in line at the store. Waiting for an important phone call. Waiting for things to change. Waiting on the Lord.

The advent season is about waiting, too. Waiting for the birth of the boy who would grow up and change the world. Waiting, anticipating and celebrating his coming. Waiting for him to come again. Advent is about the waiting and Christmas is the fulfillment of the waiting. Let us all wait with peace in our hearts and minds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elan,

Even though I don't like to wait, it is an important part of life, especially (as you say) in our relationship to the Lord.

Love,

Dad