I did not make any of the typical New Year's resolutions this year. However, I did decide to change my outlook and my attitude about a few things.
1. I have resolved to accept that I am not perfect and that my occasional, overbearing perfectionism is really ridiculous.
2. I have resolved that my priorities need some adjustment. I suddenly realized that I give all my good energy to my job and my leftover energy goes to everything and everyone else. I need an energy conservation plan -- a better way to allocate my energy each day.
3. I have resolved to think and speak in the positive rather than the negative. For example, you will never hear me say that I'm catching a cold because that is a negative statement. Rather, you will hear me say that my body is strong and it defeats viruses quickly. I will replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
4. I have resolved to keep a cleaner house. I had a discussion with the boys about keeping their toys picked up, and I will do the same with my stuff.
Please send some long distance positive vibes my way to help me stay on track! Here's to a prosperous new year!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sending lots of good positive vibes your way! I'm impressed with your resolutions. I usually don't make them because I can't keep them. So this year I think my new year's resolution will be to post comments on my friends blogs. :)
Elan,
I was especially impressed by the resolution to speak positively. There is power in the spoken word. God spoke and things came into being. I'm not sure how it all works, but I know that our words can bring into being a constructive and positive life or its opposite. You are swimming against the culture, but it's a worthwhile effort that pays dividends physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Love, Dad
Elan,
I want to encourage you in this new year as you endeavor to make changes in your lifestyle. You've made a good avenue to lessen daily stress. Also, including the boys along with your determination to clean things up will bring benefits to all of you. My love to each one of you; my prayers for learning consistency. It was and sometimes still is, my weak area.
Love you,
Mom
Elan,
I want to encourage you in this new year as you endeavor to make changes in your lifestyle. You've made a good avenue to lessen daily stress. Also, including the boys along with your determination to clean things up will bring benefits to all of you. My love to each one of you; my prayers for learning consistency. It was and sometimes still is, my weak area.
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment